Welcome to RecPath
lets you draw a route across a map and tells you how far the route goes.
Simple, right? For more information, read on and check the
I just put out version 2.0. It's got most of the same goodness you've come to expect
with some features people have been asking for since they saw
- Now with Geocoded Goodness!
- Enter an address and the map will center on it. Once this started working in Firefox, geocoding was the most
requested feature. Thanks to the good people at geocoder.us for the fantastic service.
Go to the map and hit the button to see it
- Firefox compatibility
- This was the most requested feature. Thanks to the hard work of the good people of
Google, the tool now works in
- Maps other than Phoenix
- Version 1 had a big map of Phoenix by default. It could use other maps,
but the process wasn't very user-friendly. It
also turns out that finding a good map is the hard part. I had a tool that could use any map, but nobody had any maps.
The new version uses Google Maps, so you can plan your route anywhere on the globe.
You can zoom or pan and your route stays right where you put it.
- An Undo Button
- Now there's a button that you can use when you mis-click instead of redrawing your whole route. Just inserting
an accidentally-deleted point or removing an extraneous one isn't that tough, but an errant click of the "Delete All" button
used to be a real pain.
- New Controls
- I am still not a graphic designer, so the controls still aren't great, but they are better than the green wing-ding-grams
that controlled version 1. I've also moved them off of the map so they don't get in the way of anything.